I don’t have the habit of actively journaling my thoughts at the end of each day. I wish I were sincere, but it’s just not something I’ve trained myself to do consistently. However, I do contemplate my day. Some days I feel tired, bored, and exhausted. Other days, I feel inspired, content, and tired, but in a good way.
I wondered what made the difference and observed an essential aspect of good days. A day turns out to be ‘good’ when I help people and myself grow.
Based on my experience, here’s a list of things you can pick to turn your average days into good ones. You can start by practising at least one under each category.
- Take up a minor household chore and help a family member.
- Spend time with family and friends — physical or virtual. Make them feel like you’re dependable.
- Learn something new. It can be a concept or a fresh perspective about something that’s not related to work.
- Strength train or go for short walks.
- Stay hydrated and practice at least 10 minutes of mindfulness.
- Set small milestones for your projects and achieve at least one each day.
- Ask valuable questions that could lead to productive conversations.
- Appreciate people for their small wins or great ideas. Don’t hold yourself back.
- Plan your tasks for the next day.
- Create a repository of work-related concepts you want to get better at and learn one each day.
If there’s anything apart from this list that makes for your good days, let me know in the comments section. 🙂